Thursday, July 25, 2002

Brief History of the Providence Club Scene: Providence Arts and Culture by Matt Obert



This history of Providence's Club scene was written by Matt Obert, music junky, columnist, and occasional barfly. Matt has an unerring dedication to being at the right concert at the right time, and when I see him at a concert (or really, when I saw him, as I rarely go to concerts anymore) I know I'm at the good one for the night.


It's great to read about and remember the old places-- the Met Cafe (where I went to see a blues band on a Monday when I was in high school, and my mom was shocked because that night there had been a murder at the Met Cafe! Fortunately, I wasn't involved.) The Living Room, Lupo's (in its various locations), Club Babyhead, etc. Matt does a great job about writing about all of those places.

Check out the article!

No comments: