Thursday, August 08, 2002

Discover the New Voices of Independent Film
At the Rhode Island International Film Festival










Over the next 5 days, you can see over 175 films from over 30 countries right here in Rhode Island.
I attended the opening night at the Columbus Theatre last night to see the world premier of the documentary about Honeyboy Edwards. While I didn't love the film I went to see (I thought the subject, bluesman Honeyboy Edwards was good, but the film rambled too much and Honeyboy should have been subtitled, that's how thick his dialect was.) Despite all of that, I did love the three films that preceded it. And that's the beauty of a festival like this. Films you had no idea about will grab you by the throat.

The schedule is too long to list, but take a chance, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Most of the films are being shown at the Columbus Theatre, 268 Broadway in Providence. Don't bother calling, the staff is too busy! Just stop by, and see a couple of films. You'll be glad you did!

ORDER TICKETS ONLINE!

No comments: