Saturday, June 08, 2002







The Jewelry District Association is a group I'm involved with, that does advocacy for my neighborhood, the Jewelry District of Providence. The district used to be (as you might guess) an old jewelry manufacturing district. At one point, nearly 80% of the world's costume jewelry was manufactured here in Rhode Island! As of late, it's changed to be a multi-use district with lots of bars, restaurants, medical office space, architects, and even some downtown living space. It's about as close as you can get to living in NYC while still living in Rhode Island. The Jewelry District Association has a website (which hasn't gone live, after over a year of playing around-- Every month I ask about it, and every month they say "Real Soon Now." Hey, what am I going to do? Not my money, not my problem. If it ever does go live, it better be the best damned website ever! :o)

Anyway, I administer the mailing list for the Jewelry District Association, and if you want to find out what's going on in the Jewelry District, then join the announce-only group... There's not much traffic 3-5 messages a month



No comments: