Wednesday, July 14, 2004

When Running is an Act of Bravery.





CANDIDATE MARK BINDER
DISTRICT 1 RHODE ISLAND

DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY SEPT. 14

My Friend Mark Binder is Running For Congress!

It's a very brave act. He's running against Congressman Patrick Kennedy, who is as clear a juggernaut as ever there was in Rhode Island politics. Kennedy is the incumbent, he's well-financed, and most importantly, he's a Kennedy!


Mark is unhappy with how things are, and he's striving to change them.


Mark is a great guy, and one of the hardest working guys I know, and a great friend (I'm the God-father to his daughter) and he's smart, and I think if he were elected, he'd make a good congressman, and he'd work towards making the country a better place.


Still, with the odds stacked so heavily against him, It seems like a fool's mission. But change has to happen somewhere, and I'm proud of Mark for standing up and trying to make that change. And I'll vote for him. (Actually, he's not in my district, so I can't actually vote for him. But if he were, I would.)


To find out more about his campaign, visit http://www.markbinderforcongress.com And if you want to support independent politicians, or want to volunteer to help, you should do it sooner rather than later!

No comments: