Monday, July 12, 2004

Crescent Park Carousel

CRESCENT PARK CAROUSEL



Yesterday, I spent a delightful day going to one of my favorite places-- the Crescent Park Carousel.
It's featured in my book, and I'm always amazed when I go and ride the ride how well this 105 year old piece of machinery works. The mechanism goes VERY fast, the music is great, and a 4 minute ride is 75 cents. (I've included the coloring image from the book below, as well as a couple of links to articles and information about the Carousel. But the best thing to do is just go and see it for yourself! .


It's now operated by the city of East Providence, and it is open from Easter through Columbus Day on Saturdays and Sundays. Additional days are added during the summer. The carousel can be rented for parties, weddings, and other functions, with special children's birthday party packages available. Call them at 401/435-7518 or 401/433-2828.


Directions: From I-195, exit 4 (Riverside) to Veteran's Memorial Parkway. Continue straight and eventually the road will begin to fork, and the carousel will be right in the fork. (across from a public park, and the water)



READ ABOUT THE HISTORY OF CRESCENT PARK


HEAR SOME OF THE MUSIC FROM THE CALLIOPE

READ MY ARTICLE FROM THE BOOK ON THE CAROUSEL



No comments: