Monday, March 24, 2003

SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IN WASHINGTON DC!





This article recently appeared in the Washington Post, by columnist Courtland Milloy, who is a black man who looks Middle Eastern. It's a pretty good indicator of our current state of police state/fear.


The sign above the highway leading into the nation's capital advised motorists to "Report Suspicious Activity" and gave an 800 number for the Office of Homeland Security. As a reporter, I figured this was right up my alley and set out yesterday to report on things that struck me as suspicious.

For instance, near the Jefferson Memorial, I saw a five-foot-tall metal box that was hooked up to an electrical outlet and equipped with a high-tech antenna and chrome-dome receptor. What was it?

I asked a couple of National Park Service workers and some Cherry Blossom Festival organizers whose tent was set up next to the thing if they knew. Little did I know that my inquiry would become a suspicious activity in itself.



For the rest of the article

No comments: