Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Acupuncturist emerges in Providence

Emerging Energy Logo
An acupuncturist has moved into my building, and I thought I'd point out her services. She is a licensed Chinese acupuncturist, and in talking to her, one of the things that I really liked is that she wasn't all "space-agey" about the benefits of acupuncture. We talked for a while about the placebo effect, and the fact that some people are going to feel better just because somebody spent an hour or so really talking and listening to them. I'm not denigrating acupuncture or its effects-- I'm sure that there's something to it- but I also think that part of it is just people don't get enough touching/caring/listening in their lives. (Hmmmm.. who's getting all touchey-feeley now?)

Anyway, her name is Dr. Mary Claire Dilks, and her practice is called Emerging Energy Acupuncture Check it out, if you'd like!



No comments: