Monday, September 08, 2003

Books, Boats, Brushes, and Taste Festival


I went and performed at the BBB-Taste Festival in New London on Saturday. The weather was perfect, the waterfront was crowded, and there was so much going on!


I performed as both a clown and as an author. I had been hired as a clown, and then it turned out they had a spot on the Children's author's stage open, and they gave it to me! What I didn't realize is how High Powered a festival this was. Other Children's authors included Avi (Newberry award winner!), Joanna Cole (Author of the Magic School Bus), Lane Smith (The Stinky Cheese Man, and illustrator for Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach, and me! I was a little overwhelmed!


Anyway, one of the authors was Walter Wick, the writer/photographer of the I Spy series. He's from Connecticut. His books are absolutely amazing, and ingenious, and if you don't know them, you are going to love them! Check out his website!









No comments: