Monday, July 07, 2003

Makeshift Patriot












Download Makeshift Patriot



Visit the Sage Francis website


Read an interview with Sage Francis



Buy Sage's album Personal Journals on Amazon.com







Heard a great song on the radio the other day, and decided I wanted to buy it. Lo and behold, doing some research, it turns out that the artist is from Rhode Island!

The song was Makeshift Patriot, the artist was Sage Francis, and it
was released 1 month after 9/11. The lyrics are very intense, and I feel the lyrics are right on the money. Here's a sample:



Makeshift Patriot
The Flag Shop is Out of Stock
I hang myself...via live telecast.

Coming live from my own funeral...the beautiful weather offered a nice shine,
Which is suitable for a full view of a forever altered skyline.
It's times like these I freestyle biased opinions every other sentence.
My journalistic ethics slip when I pass them off as objective.
Wondering how after it settles we'll
find who provided power to radical rebels.
The Melting Pot seems to be calling the kettle
black when it boils over, But only on our own soil
so the little boy holds a toy soldier... And waits
for the suit and tie to come home. We won't wait
'til he's older, Before we destroy hopes for a
colder war to end. "Now get a close up of his head..."

Makeshift Patriot
The Flag Shop Is Out Of Stock
Hang Myself...Half Mast



That's just a sample of some of the lyrics. Great stuff,eh?

Sage Francis is on Epitaph Records.

No comments: